- Work in conjunction with the venue management to ensure compliance with all policies and procedures that relate to local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Work directly with venue management regarding issues that require the attention of medical, security, or police
- Log all two-way radio communication regarding security, medical, and police
- Monitor venue CCTV during all phases of event to ensure safety of all parties on site
- Maintain a log of all incidents that occur during each event
- Investigates and resolves complaints via venue CCTV.
- Monitors venue activity and informs department heads of potential deployment changes needed
- Observe visitors, patrons, and employees via CCTV to preserve order and protect property.
- Communicates pertinent information to the staff at pre show meetings.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of co-workers and develop strong working relationships across all departments.
- Receive emergency and non-emergency calls and record significant information
- Address problems and requests by transmitting information to the proper departments
- Prioritize radio calls according to urgency and importance
- Use radio communication to send crews to appropriate locations
- Maintain logs and records of radio calls, activities and other information
- This position is part-time, seasonal; requires evening and weekend availability.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role preferred
- Strong strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with CCTV software is strongly preferred
- Acute sense of judgment, tact and diplomacy
- A strong sense of teamwork and ability to execute programs
- Ability to use standard office equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- NYS Security guard license