Join our caring, community focused team and help give kids a Head Start!
The Nutrition Aide is a 35 hour a week position responsible for completing routine kitchen/dining room/food chores for a Head Start Daycare site. Will interact with children during meal time to ensure a positive and healthy experience!
- Prepares, serves and assists in food related activities as directed and menus as approved by registered dietitian/nutritionist. Will shop for food and other programming needs.
- Responsible for inventory of all necessary supplies, food and equipment used for food services operations.
- Maintain the kitchen, storage and food service areas in a safe and healthy condition.
- Assist in the office and classroom as needed.
Benefits: Position offers $13. 64 per hour
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Vacation, Paid Personal, Paid Sick Time
- Paid School Breaks
- High School diploma/GED.
- Experience in food service. Knowledge of nutrition and the food groups, basic food preparation and food sanitation.
- Experience working with children in a daycare or classroom setting helpful.
- Good organizational and communication skills, ability to work as a member of a team, good interpersonal skills.
- May be required to lift up to 40 pounds of kitchen supplies and equipment.
- Provide customer service that is responsive to the unique needs and culture of families, such as single parents, grandparents as caregivers, co-parenting relationships, LGTBQ families, non-English speaking, teen parents, domestic violence situations and more.
- Computer skills and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel, Google Docs, Zoom or other online meeting platforms. Familiarity with mobile devices, online training platforms and software applications helpful.
- Acceptable tuberculosis screening results and an initial health exam are required post job offer and prior to employment.
- Must have a valid license, possess a vehicle for shopping as needed and be insurable to drive an agency vehicle on roads in varying weather conditions.
COVID-19 considerations: To keep all staff and customers safe during the pandemic, we have been and will continue to follow all recommended health and safety guidelines for offices and programs. A vaccine mandate is in place for all staff.
LifeWorks Community Action, formerly Saratoga County Economic Opportunity Council, is a nonprofit that helps thousands of neighbors each year overcome the challenges of poverty by providing food, early childhood education, energy services, health and wellness, and immigrant services. Popular programs include The Pantry in Ballston Spa and The Kitchen in Saratoga Springs, as well as Head Start, WIC and Weatherization. Help Starts Here.
LifeWorks Community Action promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in all agency programs and services. We welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds who embrace and support an inclusive and equitable work environment. EOE